Tuesday, March 29
Grey Knight List version 2.0
Ok internet... I have spent some quality time with the codex and even cuddled a little. From that quality time I came up with a new list. and here it is!
First off I want to say that this codex has been a little harder for me to get my feelings on. Most codices I can see fairly quickly what the good builds will look like. I may not get the exact build right, but I can get pretty close. This codex hasn't been like that. Possibly because it has lots of neat things, but too expensive to include them all (Librarian + Grandmaster >400 pts!) or have crappy "unit taxes," (Crowe). Anyhow, I think this list fits my play-style, which is IMHO one of the most important aspects of any army...I can't say how many times I have seen a power build get kicked in the teeth by a good player who has a list built to his strengths.
Ok enough about that, your looking for a list! Here it is.
- Sword and Storm Bolter
- Quicksilver (initative 10)
- Sanctuary (if you charge me it counts as difficult and dangerous terrain)
- Shrouding (Stealth bubble of 6" on all units)
- Might of titan (+1 st +2d6 armor pen on vehicles)
- Warp Rift (Auto pen vs vehicles, no cover saves, initiative test or die! yes please!)
Techmarine (Or cheap, grenade belt guy!)
- Rad, blind and psychotroke grenades
1. Banner, S.B
2. Sword, S.B.
3. MCr sword, S.B.
4. MCr Hammer, S.B.
Land Raider Redemmer
- Multi Melta
Strike Squad 1:
- 2 psycannons
- 1 hammer
- Razorback with Psybolt ammo Heavy Bolter (Psybolter razorback)
Strike Squad 2:
- Psybolter razorback
Strike Squad 3:
same as Strike Squad 2
2 TL autocannons, psybolt ammo
Here is where the choice has to be made... I have two directions to go in here (option 1 and option 2). Tell me which one you all like better.
5 Grey Knight Terminators (troops)
- 1 psycannon
- 1 hammer, 4 halberds
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor: (joins terminators)
- Terminator armor
- Psycannon, daemon hammer
- 3 servo skulls
- Vindicare assassain (pairs well with the techmarine up armor in a ruin for a 2+ cover save)
- Strike Squad 4
Same as SS 2 and 3
Ok that is it... What are your thoughts? FYI at the decision point I am at 1685 so any other suggestions Im open to. If not, which list do you like better Option 1 or option 2?
Posted by Duke at 7:58 AM