Wednesday, April 25

New Dark Angels Codex: Hidden in plain sight?

Every once in a while, GW will hid upcoming releases in plain sight.  Well the other day I was surfing their blog on the Games Workshop main page and I stumbled across what I am sure is the next codex hiding right in front of me. Lets just jump in and see shall we?


First, follow this link GW WEBSITE.  Now lets go over some bullet points on this post he made.

1. He is building an "all terminator army," - there are very few armies that can do this, GK, SW and DA

2. There are no chapter markings and no paint...anywhere! - Since when does GW not throw chapter markings and extreme painting on their models, seriously look through all the other blog posts and tell me when they don't go hard core "this is the chapter/ army," Here...Ill help LINK 1 LINK 2 LINK 3 LINK 4 I could go on, but you get the point.  Why would GW not say "hey look at the DA this guy is making? well, lets go on to point #3.

3. The models themselves - Only DA and GK can have terminator apothecaries and we know it isn't a GK army.  Terminator tech marines? Cool, huh? 2 terminator heavy weapons in a squad...and then...

4. The captain -  For god's sake he has very baroque armor and is armed with a plasma cannon.  This is covered up by the author saying "He can always count it as a combi-plasma (albeit a very large and impressive one) If he isn't a DA Captain, then I don't know what is.

5. The White Dwarf spines. We know at this point it is a Dark Angel.


So, with all that I am calling it now.  No, I don't have an 'inside source,' or anything like that.  I don't even read forums (Except the one I Mod) so I don't know what the rumor mongers are saying... Im just saying that this makes a ton of sense and GW has a history of hiding things in plain sight (Plastic daemon prince/ Trygon anyone?)

Well, what do you think? Would you like to see a DA codex coming soon that can have plasma cannon totting terminators?  Comments/ musings/ rumors welcome!


Duke

24 comments:

  1. Well, he states that it is for Armies on Parade. Based on what he is saying about one opening a door and such sound like a diorama or sorts for the AOP entry.

    I think it will be between DA or CSM that gets dropped next. I can't see much else hitting the table as it would pull form the boxed set limelight. To me it would be a sandwich of sorts...CSM/DA for spring, 6th, boxed set, CSM/DA for fall/christmas. That is their usual pattern when I worked for them. Spring and Fall are the splash months for new 40k targets...kids are out of school for the summer and sales for the holidays is their focus for 40k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is going to be DA-6th-CSM.

    AoP isn't until July, so the codex will be out by then.

    Duke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, He's supposed to be building Imperial Fists in a boarding action..not DA. I've been following him, doesn't mean you're wrong about DA but that post has nothing to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found it:
    http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=2300168-gws

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=2300168-gws

    This one here, says it's Imperial Fists he's doing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, new theory: he IS doing DA but he is saying it is imperial fists to keep people off the track of the new codex. Don't forget, dark Angels had their own space hulk expansion...

    Hey, it's a conspiracy theory, what isn't fun about conspiracy theories?

    Duke


    Ps- in all reality it probably is as he says (fists) but that isn't fun! I still think DA are next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice try..well it's either DA or Chaos. Personally, I hope it's DA, then 6th, then Chaos. I want the Legion book to work in 6th, not be screwed up.

      Delete
  7. This would have been the best post ever if it weren't for the new info given in the link. I think they don't have markings because GW doesn't make markings for Fists haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, almost true, well there is still hope that it is just a conspiracy! Lol

      Delete
  8. Sorry to say that the poster, Dan Harden, wrote this in the "Armies on Parade" Entry the same day April 16
    "The inspiration for my display came from several quarters. I've always been a massive fan of Space Hulk - the cramped confines and the desperate nature of the whole boarding-a-derelict-ship-and-not-knowing-how-many-aliens-are-on-it scenario is something that really appeals to me. I was also inspired by the Forge World video for the Zone Mortalis, which really got me thinking about using the board sections as a display table. In the end I decided not to, preferring to work with the Warhammer 40,000 buildings sets, but that's where the idea started. I'm also a huge fan of the Imperial Fists, and I've been desperately trying to paint an army of them since I was 14, but to no avail. This time I will succeed."
    So its not DA, he's building Imperial Fists.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's the link for the above post:
    http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=2300168-gws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok Duke..you've got the link (3 times now..read the posts Jorge)..you give up yet? Not to mention the newest rumors that put DA way out in the year.

      Delete
  10. Well, now I am going to show my age...

    The 2nd edition codex for Ultramarines (before we had Space Marine Generica codecii) has pretty much rules for everything he has shown, rapier laser destroyer, the various characters in terminator armour (they could all buy it back then)

    It also had the special character called Captain Invictus, the named terminator captain for the Ultramraines, he was armed with a Plasma Blastgun, described as the plasma gun equivalent of the stormbolter. Stormbolters under those rules were terrible compared to a chaos twin linked bolter.

    I even have the wargear card for the Plasma Blastgun somewhere around at home, it was limited to only models in terminator armour could get it (from memory)

    That would be the best connection to ACTUAL rules I can see.

    No model was released for Invictus that I can remember, but it was at the same time Tigurius and Calgar were first released in case anyone remembers one.

    ReplyDelete