Monday, May 23
Cons, Why do you go?
Just a short post today.
I have been thinking a lot about Cons/GTs lately and talking to a lot of my buddies about them as well. While I have been doing this many people have said a few things about cons and their reasons for going.
As some of you know I organize a GT called "Feast of Blades," As such it is very important for me to know what people look for when going to a GT/Con. here are some of the top answers I received when talking to people I know.
Please reply with which camp you are in and why... Or simply add another option.
1. WINNING! (I go purely for the competition and don't care about anything else.)
2. Its time to get away with the buddies... Sure competition is great, but Im all about staying up till 2 playing pickup games and stuff.
3. To go to the seminars. Slayer Sword winner doing a painting class, I'm in!
4. Nothing better to do that weekend. OR I just go to everything.
5. I just love the hobby and enjoy whole weekends packed full of hobby related stuff, including the tournament. I would go even if my friends didn't
Thanks for the input.
Posted by Duke at 7:48 AM