Tuesday, October 11

Feast Of Blades Trophy Update

Time for project updates.

Today I'm going over my part in the trophy department.


I was asked by Duke to look into creating the base for some of his trophy's this year. It was the same concept as last year but with a better application. So I needed to create a master and reproduce it. Yes I looked all over for something pre-made but nothing worked.

My search ended in the trim department with 4 inside corner blocks.



After a quick measurement and some testing I was able to figure how much to cut off and used a clamp to keep the cuts consistent.


Next I glued and clamped, and glued and clamped again.

After this some wood filler and sanding, and repeat.

Time for a test run. This is my damaged Space Marine statue guy like the ones used for the final product. Its a perfect fit and time to go into the mold.


This is the interesting part. to save on material, I would fill the bottom of the mold with plastic and allow it to set up.

Then I used some sections of insulation glued in place. You don't want it floating in liquid plastic trust me.

And repeat. (I do that allot.)


To give them some distinction I created 7 with a ace logo on the side for each of the tournament "Ace's" and 1 with the Feast Of Blades Logo for the overall winner.


I cant wait to get them sent out and see the final painted product.

Enjoy Feast of Blades players, these are gonna be great!




4 comments:

  1. Nice, gotta get me one or two :)

    Just kidding, I foresee an anti-climatic Day 1 exit from contention to win the whole thing, followed by a Round 5 tabling to complete my humiliation :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll do just fine X. Even with that big target on the back of your head.

    ReplyDelete