Tuesday, August 23

2000 point Purifier list (For custodes army)


For those of you who have been following this blog for a while you will remember that I have been planning a Custodes army for quite some time (Who hasn't!).  Lately though Feast of Blades has been taking up almost all of my hobby time and I haven't gotten to start any progress towards the Custodes army.  Well, today I think I have a list that could be worthy of my Custodes army.




Here it is:

- Crowe

- 8 Purifiers: (assault element)
 - 2 psycannons
 - Hammer
 - 5 halberds
 - Rhino

- 8 Purifiers: (assault element)
 - Same as above

- Psiflemen dread
- Psiflemen dread
- Psiflemen dread

- 5 Purifiers (Support element)
 - 2 psycannon
 - Hammer
 - 2 halberds
 - razorback w/ psybolt

- 5 purifiers (support element)
 - Same as above

Techmarine: (attach to 8 man squad)
 - Rad, Blind, psychotroke, warding stave

Techmarine: (attach to second 8 man squad)
 - Rad, Blind, Psychotroke, warding stave

5 purifiers: (Sit on home base)
 - 2 psycannons
 - Rhino


That is the list folks, it is very much a water list (If you read those articles).  What are your thoughts?


DUKE

5 comments:

  1. Interesting list I want to try something like this in the future. I know techmarines are great with paladins and I want to try them with purifiers. Especially when they are kitted out with Grenades. Please write a battle report I am curious to see how it holds up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tech marines worked better with Purifiers - the paladins just don't throw enough attacks to make them nearly as scary.

    But hey - you know I like purifiers. I got some other ideas too we can chat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I took 60 Purifiers to ard boys this year. 18 Psycans, 2 Psydreads and 4 Razors with T-link Las.

    It was still not the power I needed to stop the mech BA's in game 3. Can Psycans open up/stop a Landraider? Sometimes...having that as your only choice except for hammers in CC seems like bad odds the way I roll.

    The other problem the list had was no psy defence. These days if you cant stop a psy power from going off you are putting yourself on a dissadvantage. (Yes I know about Ageis but even the -4 from the dreads seemed to fall short when I needed it)

    5 AV 11 tanks can get smashed in round 1 by DE or even a good Marine player. Then you are on foot, if you want your rate of fire to go up you have to stop moving, that can keep you from getting Obj by the end of the game.

    If you stay on the move and your shooting Vs tanks is cut in half there is no way the odds are in your favor.

    Are the Tech's worth it if you cant get them into CC? I know that their unit would be the first thing that I would target.

    D.O.W. deployment is an uphill fight trying to get to the 24" kill zone as well.

    I did love playing the list that was close to this on the other hand and got a wipe out or three in ard boyz and in testing. But at the end of the day I had to think about these problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ anon: I'll write up a battle report for ya soon enough...

    @ goatboy: grenades aren't 100% bad with pallies, by your right in that they don't benefit from grenades as much as purifiers do... Needless to say I'm looking forward to people screaming cheese.

    @ swags: 60 purifiers probably wasn't balanced enough in 2500 points. Especially because at that level you start seeing multiple AV14. Yes, my av 11 is fairly weak, but I think I'll miss my Libby more than I'll be sa about av 11.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Playing it is the only way to be sure.
    Look forward to reading some bat reps.

    ReplyDelete