Well, Today I am asking for the internets somewhat-wise-ness to help me decide which Feats of Strength we will actually use at the tournament. First let me describe what feast of strength are.
Much like the achievement system for Xbox or Playstation we are going to give away some really sexy looking purity seals based on you doing some cool actions during your games of 40k and WHFB. We want people to have reasons to continue playing throughout the weekend and also to be able to win cool stuff even though they aren't near the top of the pack. I think it is a really cool and fun idea and if I was playing I would be keeping my eye out for opportunities for feats of strength throughout the weekend.
Here are the main points I want to think of when making these feasts of strength:
1. I want people who are 'losing,' to be able to achieve a good portion of these (if they focus)
2. I don't want this to encourage "baby seal clubbing," or make the person not receiving the award angry.
3. These should be things that you can try to achieve, not random crap that just happened without your control.
4. I want them to be challenging to achieve, but not super difficult (Except God of War) and not too easy so that Im giving them out like candy.
That said I would like to have your opinions and thoughts on what achievements are good and which are not so good. If you have a good idea, Ill take those too, why not?!
*note: You can only earn each Feat of Strength once and once you earn it we will give you a purity seal*
Here are a few examples of ones I am looking at right now:
- Harbinger of death:
- Have one unit cause 3 or more enemy units to fail morale checks in one game (including combat resolution)
- Strategic Genius:
- Win the Primary, Secondary, Tertiary and all battle points in three games throughout the weekend.
- God of War:
- Win the Primary, Secondary, Tertiary and all battle points in ALL games throughout the weekend.
- Bloodied But Unbowed:
- Suffer at least 75% casualties, and win your game (Scored by KP)
- Get tabled three times during the weekend.
- Won Them All:
- Achieve at least a minor victory in every game throughout the weekend
- Where did they all go?
- Finish a game with only one friendly unit (any strength) on the table.
- Better lucky than good:
- TO and judges can hand this out based on hearing about things that required "great luck,"
- Run two units off the table by not allowing them to regroup because of an enemy in 6"
This is all that I have for now, but I would like to know what you think.